**First off, does anyone get the for freeeeeeeeee reference??**
This time of year people, including me, can be really excited about all of the stuff they are giving and hoping to receive. Presents that you are certain your child will like or trips you've been waiting all year to take. But lets not forget all of the joy you can have FOR FREE.
Here are 10 things we'll do this holiday season that cost nothing that I am looking forward to:
1. Watching The Santa Clause with my family and quoting every single line (my husband thinks he knows this movie as well as I do and I am ready for a challenge!).
2. Cooooooooookies - making them and eating them (I have the recipe for THE BEST chocolate chip cookies here).
3. Piling all 7 of us in the car and driving around town to see Christmas lights.
4. Singing Christmas carols from the OG I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas to Pentatonix's God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman with my kids.
5. Being outside (Christmas is the one day a year I'd be fine with snow!)
6. Drinking hot cocoa and seeing the mustache that will appear on my 2 year olds face after her first sip.
7. Time with extended family that we realize now we don't see nearly enough.
8. Our Christmas Eve meal* where everyone can pick one thing they want to bring to the table to share -- this year our menu looks to include little smokies, shrimp cocktail, McDonald's fries and Mac & Cheese...
9. Staying in my pajamas all. day. long!!
10. Starting new traditions. This year we are planning on doing a Home Alone movie night* (an idea shared on @tarathueson 's Instagram) where we all watch Home Alone and order (well, we'll do frozen) pizza and eat ice cream like Kevin.
There certainly are some gifts I am looking forward to giving, yet I really think with just 5 days left before Christmas, that I'm learning to focus more on the activities that make memories no matter how small.
What are you most looking forward to this holiday season?
*technically this meal will cost some $$ but we still gotta eat!
Hi, I'm Rebecca
I’m a wife, mom to 5 kids, former choir teacher, Christian and advice giver? I can honestly say I never expected to be the one giving advice when I so frequently ask for it, but the advice I’ve received is so valuable and must be shared! Here are some of the things I’ve learned so far!